Friday, January 27, 2012

What Did We Do BG?

I am having a hard time remembering how I researched things before Google (BG). We used to have a set of encyclopedias and used them a lot. Published in 1984, the information was old as soon as we purchased it. Annual update books were expensive and cumbersome.

Enter Google (after several other search engines paved the way) and research became instant. No opening a book. No having to take it to a photocopier to get a print. No purchasing of annual updates.

My mom doesn't use a computer, doesn't know computer terminology, doesn't even know the concept behind a computer, let alone the internet. However, sometimes when I come home from work, she will ask me about something and often says, "Let's look it up on Google." I love the "Let's" part. So, "we" do and find more interesting information than we can read in a night.

Since I use Google at least once each day, I learn about all the fun trivia Google sometimes posts instead of its logo. Today is the 125th anniversary of the largest snowflake. Hilarious!


I love Google!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Ooooo...remember how encyclopedias were so concise with their information? There was no explosion in our faces of too much info. While I love Google, I think I miss encyclopedias a little bit.

Bonnie said...

Me too, Barbara. It is better than a college degree. Love it! Cannot wait to see you on Monday night.