Saturday, January 14, 2012

We Are the Champions.....

No WE are not. I am! We Leals (Andy, Beth, Mandy, Mark, Alex, and I) participate in fantasy football. Our league is called the Extreme Croquet League and Mandy is the manager. Each year, we choose a date in August when we can all get on our respective laptops and computers to draft our teams in a frenzied, online, activity. Here are a couple of pictures from a prior year's draft:

Each year's winner is taken out to dinner paid for by the rest of the league (by the way, this has never happened). However, a coveted trophy is given to the winner and that person gets to keep the trophy until the next football season produces a new winner. We are actually on our third trophy because the first two broke. This is what the latest one looks like:

We started the league in 2005, so have six years of fantasy football behind us.

The winners so far include
2005 - Mark Romney
2006 - Beth Leal
2007 - Mandy Romney
2008 - Mandy Romney
2009 - Beth Leal
2010 - Beth Leal
2011 - Me, I mean I; it is I! I'm the winner this year! Yippee! I get the trophy.

I want to thank my great team:
Tom Brady
Adrian Peterson
Ray Rice
Gregg Jennings
Larry Fitzgerald
Percy Harvin
Jimmy Graham
John Kasay
NYJ Defense
and my bench backups: BenRoethlisberger, Jeremy Maclin, Jermichael Finley, Robbie Gould, and the NO Saints Defense

I'm going to love displaying the trophy! AND, I'm going to insist on dinner this year, too!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

You go, Girl! Glad you won. And you be sure and get that dinner out. Love it!

beth said...

hey, i never got my dinnerSSSS??? I think we all owe dinners to the past winners!
Although I think I still owe for the last two trophies that my children have broken;)

Mandy said...

I just realized that I never even sent out a congratulations e-mail to you for winning!!! Doesn't it feel nice??

Caroline Craven said...

You're back in blogger world. How fun for all of us. This fantasy football cracks me up and I don't understand one thing about it. Mckay is way into it. All I know is I hate that Roethisrapist - isn't he the QB for Philadelphia that raped a girl and then paid her off to not press charges? And I was sad to see Tom Brady's team beat Tebow because Brady dumped his wife for a younger version. That's about all I ever base my football likes and dislikes on - what's happening in their personal lives that I know about. Silly me. But so glad to have you back!!!

Barbara said...

Ohmygoodness, Caroline....I didn't know that I had bad boys for my QB's! I don't stay up on their personal lives, as you can tell!