Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Size WHAT??? I wish!!!

When I shop for clothing at TJ Maxx, I love how the racks are nicely arranged by size and that the hangers have a funky little plastic bead-looking device, color-coded, with the size on it, making it easy to locate an entire row of what will probably fit. For example, hangers for size large have a green plastic bead with an L on it; hangers for size medium have a yellow plastic bead with an M on it, etc. So cool. So, when I found a cute blue sweater, I wanted a large size because I would be wearing it over something else. I chose the green bead-colored hanger and headed to the dressing room. It was a perfect fit, so I bought it.

Three days later, I wanted to wear the sweater and pulled it out of the closet, ripped the tags off and started to pull it over my head when, to my horror, I looked at the tag I had just thrown on my bed. It said XSMALL, which stands for EXTRA small. EXTRA small?????? EXTRA SMALL??????????? How did that happen? I KNOW that the bead was green and said L for large. That sweater, now in my hands with the tags torn off, would never fit!! I was so dismayed, thinking I was going to have to try to re-attach the ripped-off tags and go back to the store to return it. Three days ago, there was only one other sweater on the rack and it was a size small, so I was really disappointed.

For some reason, I followed through and pulled the sweater over my head and, to my great surprise, it fit. This was a second shock to my system in under five minutes. I looked back at the tag and it still said XSMALL. The only thing I could think of was that the wrong tags were attached to the sweater, some smart associate figured it out, and hung it on the right bead-color hanger. Whatever happened, I didn't care...I was a happy woman!

P.S. I didn't pay that price!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

P.P.S. You are X-Small, Mom!!! You shouldn't be buying Large anyway!