Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I Love, Love, Love Amazon.com

I don't know how I missed adding Amazon.com to my Favorite Things List on February 9. It is, clearly, one of my favorite things. I mean, what's not to love? You can order a bazillion items from Amazon.com. And, if your order totals at least $25, it ships free and arrives in about a week. And, if that's not enough, the vast majority of their items are less expensive than in stores or other online sites.
I discovered Amazon.com in 2005 when a lot of Amazon.com boxes arrived around Christmas time from Mark and Mandy in Seattle.
In 2006, I thought I should check out Amazon.com and ordered 7 items.
The following year, I ordered 10 items.
In 2008, 16 items.
In 2009, my co-worker said that because Mandy lives in Seattle and I have to send a lot of stuff up there, I should look into getting a Prime account with Amazon. With Prime, every order ships free and arrives in TWO days. And, if you need it overnight, you pay only $3.99 even if it weighs a bazillion pounds. It has changed my ordering and shipping life!
So, in 2009, I set up Amazon Prime and ordered 29 items, all with free shipping.
But, I really got on the ball in 2010, with 50 orders.
In 2011, it jumped to 80.
You can see that I'm addicted to shopping Amazon. I even buy my Perfectly Slimming Levi's from Amazon.com. I save money on gas, I get to shop in my fleece, I save money on products, and I save money on shipping. See, what's not to love?

Amazon, I love you!

2 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

I'd love to try this out, but 80 orders in one year?? You know there are only 52 weeks in a year, right? I don't need one more place to spend $$$.

Mandy said...

Amazon Prime is THE BEST! You should check out Subscribe and Save for items that you use on a regular basis. I save a bajillion dollars on diapers using Subscribe and Save. Love it!