Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Fun-filled Week

Even though it was another tough week at work, I was able to carve out some time for fun.

Last Saturday, several of us were able to spend a major part of the day in the city. Here's Norma and her new Fascinator:


On Sunday, Bonnie and Caroline joined us for dinner and we enjoyed girl-talk until MIDNIGHT!



On Monday, Michelle, Bonnie, Caroline, Maureen, and I met for lunch at Il Fornaio--yum!



On Tuesday, Bonnie hosted a pot-luck dinner followed by a great lesson on essential oils by Caroline. I learned much and it was fun to compare notes with my mom about how my grandmother used some of these as remedies for aches, pains, and illnesses "back in the day."



On Friday, Mom, Alex, and I watched THE HELP. I love that movie.



Today, Mom and I did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, went to a garage sale, shopped for groceries, picked up two movies, and went to Sears to have a security "thingy" taken off a sweater I bought there a couple of months ago. We did the first five things in under an hour. After the security "thingy" was removed from my sweater, we wanted to eat a late lunch at Johnny Rockets. On our way out of the store, well, we actually never made it out of Sears because of a major clearance sale there. We shopped very productively for the next three and a half hours and Mom bought 3 blouses. I bought a skirt, 3 watches, 2 pair of boots and 3 pair of shoes for me, 2 pair of boots for Beth, and boots and shoes for Mandy. Yikes!

No comments: